KOSMO OFFERS HIGH-END SCREEN PRINTING
SOLUTIONS, FROM ART TO APPAREL TO PRINT.
We have spent years cultivating unique internal procedures and systems in order to offer a premium, screen printed product. There is an art form to screen printing outside of the automation that is greatly moving this industry forward. Every shop is unique in one way or another and we are excited to be carving out our own path.
Kosmo can handle small order of 12 or large volume orders of 5K plus. We happily utilize both manual and automaic presses depending on the project.
1 color- 12+pieces
2-3 color- 36+ pieces
4-5 color- 48+ pieces
6 color- 60+ pieces
HOW DOES SCREEN PRINTING WORK?
There are several steps involved in the screen printing process. Each one is just as important as the last in order to produce the best results. Nobody wants a poorly printed t-shirt, so we go out of our way to make sure the slightest detail gets some stage time.
Here’s the PLAY X PLAY of the whole enchilada
1. DESIGN / ARTWORK PREP: We start by creating the best design we can. You know what they say, crap in – crap out! We prefer to go with: love in – love out! You will work closely with our graphic design team in order to ensure you get what you want and what you need. This is your project and we truly want the best for you.
2. APPAREL CHOICE: Apparel is important for so many reasons. Fabirc, feel, print quality, color, shapes, fits, etc. We try to narrow down exactly what you ae looking for, we also have our go-to brands and styles that we would be happy to show off.
3. SCREEN PREP: It takes time to manage and prep screens for production. Each screen is scrubbed clean of the emulsion and artwork from the last print, then dehazed if any images remain in the mesh, then degreased and dried for emulsion coating. This is done for each color in the print, per location.
4. EXPOSING FILM TO SCREEN: Now it’s time to turn on some tunes and the black lights. Well, kinda. It’s time to expose the films onto the screens in the dark room. We use UV light (and sometimes a little Floyd) in a vacuum exposure unit to transfer the separated designs to the individual silk screens. The screen is the most important tool screen printers have in our arsenal. There are several different kinds of screens, mesh sizes and frame sizes to choose from, depending on the scope of the design and ink type.
5. TIME TO PRINT: Once the screens are washed and dry, we can start production on your custom apparel. Smaller, less complicated runs usually end up on a manual press, while larger runs, or more complicated registrations, will end up on the auto press. While time spent printing is a factor, we make these calls ore for quality than anything else.